III. Type of Service (Model) Provision and Rationale There areJanuary 3, 2023
As you consider potential places of employment for the future,January 3, 2023
Create an approximately 5-minute presentation to staff and leadership on your planned response to emerging human resources issues.
The assessments in this course build upon one another and must be completed in the order presented.
In the previous assessment, you planned, organized, and led. But what does it take to control your operation? What skills are necessary? What needs to be measured? Are there tools or processes designed to help? What types of things do you need to control, and what do you need to let go of?
In this assessment, you will create a presentation to staff and leadership on your planned response to emerging human resources issues.
If you use PowerPoint for your presentation:
If you use Kaltura for your presentation:
- Refer to Using Kaltura for more information about this courseroom tool.
Imagine that you have received the following e-mail from your boss about a month after they adopted your departmental plan outlined in the previous assessment.
- HR E-mail [PDF]: Use this e-mail from your boss as the basis for this assessment.
Create an approximately 5-minute presentation with voice narration targeted to your staff and leadership that effectively responds to your boss’s request found in the e-mail. Your presentation should demonstrate leadership qualities such as composure, preparation, solid communication, thoughtfulness, et cetera. The presentation should also:
- Articulate the problems and their sources. (Make sure to include plausible assumptions based upon the facts presented to support your assertions.)
- Detail your plan, which must address:
- Retention: Describe two of the most significant steps you will take to keep employees and why you believe they will be effective.
- Culture, leadership, engagement.
- Hiring: Select one of the positions you identified in your organizational chart as new hire. Suggest two actions that you will take to secure new hires. Substantiate your ideas with real market data for at least one of your actions. (Cite your sources.) State any assumptions that you need to make to conduct your research. For example, candidate experience, job level, industry norms, et cetera.
- Onboarding or orientation.
- Communicating organizational values and culture.
- Performance measure and standards: Describe how performance will be measured for one of the position types in your group. Your expectations should be consistent with your stated departmental goals.
Note: You have the option of using Kaltura or PowerPoint to complete your presentation.
- Communication: Ensure that your narrated presentation is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Length: Approximately 5 minutes. Submit as many presentation slides as needed to meet the requirements of this assessment. (Include a title slide.)
- Visuals: Use font size, colors, and design to assure optimal readability.
Portfolio Prompt: You should consider adding this assessment to your personal ePortfolio. For more information on ePortfolio, visit the Campus ePortfolio page.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment scoring guide criteria:
- Competency 1: Analyze characteristics and behaviors of effective managers.
- Articulate problems and their likely sources.
- Competency 2: Apply managerial principles to planning, organizing, controlling, leadership, and communication.
- Create a presentation that demonstrates leadership attributes while effectively informing the target audience.
- Develop an appropriate plan for addressing retention issues.
- Develop an appropriate plan for addressing hiring issues.
- Outline an effective plan for performance measurement.
- Competency 3: Communicate effectively and professionally.
- Address the appropriate audience, using familiar, discipline-specific language and terminology.
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"