Chapter 4 Questions
1. List factors that would cause you to be more or less convinced that a particular email message was authentic. Which of the more convincing factors from your list would have been present in the example of the South Korean diplomatic secrets?
2. Explain why spam senders frequently change from one email address and one domain to another. Explain why changing the address does not prevent their victims from responding to their messages.
Chapter 5 Questions
1. Give an example of the use of physical separation for security in a computing environment.
2. Give an example of the use of temporal separation for security in a computing environment.
3. Give an example of an object whose sensitivity may change during execution.
4. A directory is also an object to which access should be controlled. Why is it not appropriate to allow users to modify their own directories?
5. List two disadvantages of using physical separation in a computing system. List two disadvantages of using temporal separation in a computing system.