Evaluate how logical fallacies function in the exchanges between the characters and in the images of the “Defund the Police” cartoon strips. In your evaluation, discuss both the sound and faulty arguments presented and, in place of faulty reasoning, provide your own solutions to the issue of policing in the United States.
Questions that Elicit Critical Thinking Focused on the Goals of this Essay:
1. What are the explicit and implicit arguments being presented?
2. What are their explicit and implicit premises and conclusions?
3. What are the underlying assumptions and reasoning in each argument?
4. What possible logical fallacies best describe this reasoning?
5. What contexts (social, political, cultural) gave rise to this reasoning?
· an opening that gets the reader interested, provides background or summary information, and a thesis statement that reflects the focus and scope of your paper.
· A minimum of four well-organized and developed body paragraphs that provide clear topic sentences, accurate context, credible support from source material, and thoughtful analysis.
· integration of quotes and/or paraphrases from source material
· a conclusion that sums up your analysis and offers the reader something to interesting to reflect on.
· a Works Cited page
· in MLA format.
· free of any major grammatical and topographical errors.
· A current example of completely your own work for this class and assignment (no plagiarism, no re-used or re-hashed papers)
· Around 1500 words